Palestine Prize Draw T&Cs
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – TRIP TO PALESTINE PRIZE DRAW 2022
SHORT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Residents of England, Wales & Scotland only. 18+. Opens 09.00am on 01/11/2021 to 23:59pm on 31/09/2023. To be in with a chance of winning a trip to Palestine (consisting of a return economy flight from Great Britain to Tel Aviv and up to four nights’ accommodation in Jerusalem up to a maximum value of £1,000 GBP as set out in full detail in the long terms and conditions below), entrants must purchase or have received as a gift one of the promotional Medjoul Date Tins from the Penny Appeal online shop.
For full terms see below or contact the promoter of this prize draw, Penny Appeal, by writing to: Penny Appeal, Penny Appeal Campus, Thornes Park, Wakefield, WF2 8QZ and clearly stating that your correspondence relates to the Trip to Palestine Prize Draw 2022.
LONG TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. By entering this promotion, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This promotion is being run by Penny Appeal, UK registered charity number 1128341 and UK registered company number 06578382, Penny Appeal Campus, Thornes Park, Wakefield, WF2 8QZ (“Penny Appeal”). Please note applications sent to this address will not be accepted. Accepted methods of entry are detailed below.
These terms and conditions give Penny Appeal certain rights to use your personal data – please see clause 30 onwards for details of these rights.
Penny Appeal may change these terms and conditions at any time so you should check this page regularly for any changes. Changes will apply from the date that they are published on this page.
- This promotion is open to all lawful residents of Great Britain (England, Wales & Scotland excluding, for the avoidance of doubt, residents in Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except employees of Penny Appeal and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or “step”), agents and anyone professionally involved with this promotion.
- Access to the Internet is required to enter this promotion.
- Whether any eligibility or entry requirement has or has not been met will be decided at Penny Appeal’s sole discretion and Penny Appeal may require evidence or confirmation from entrants before awarding prizes.
- This promotion will run between 00am on 01/11/2021 and closes for receipt of entries at 23:59pm on 31/10/2022 (the “Promotion Period”).
- The entry requirements to take part in this prize draw are as follows:
- Participants must be aged 18 or over and a lawful resident of Great Britain (England, Wales & Scotland). Penny Appeal may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- To be eligible for entry and for a chance to win participants must purchase (or receive as a gift) one of the promotional Medjoul Date Tins from the Penny Appeal online shop within the Promotion Period. No other third party will be entitled to enter into the prize draw.
- To win participants must find a unique winning ticket inside their delivered Medjoul Date Tin.
- Instructions will be included on the winning ticket as how to claim the prize listed below and once the winner of the prize draw is confirmed specific details of the prize and how to claim it will be given.
- If chosen as the winner the participant must be able to show proof of purchase and proof that they are over the age of 18. Acceptable forms of ID to prove you are over 18 include:
- A photo driving licence
- A passport
- A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the national Proof of Age Standards Scheme.
- If chosen as a winner the participant must satisfy themselves, and prove to Penny Appeal if required, that they are able to benefit from the prize further to any and all visa or similar entry requirements. Penny Appeal accepts no liability if the prize winner is unable to claim the prize because the prize winner: is unable to travel; is prevented from legal entry into Tel Aviv or Jerusalem; or does not possess appropriate documentation to facilitate travel including, but not limited to, possession of a valid passport.
- Any discovery of a winning ticket, and subsequent communications with Penny Appeal to claim the prize, will be reviewed by Penny Appeal to confirm compliance with these terms and conditions. If any such entries are or could reasonably be construed as being unlawful or contrary to these terms and conditions, Penny Appeal may remove them from the prize draw and disqualify that participant from receiving any kind of prize, or (where that Participant has already received a prize) to require the return or reimbursement of such a prize.
- Any syndicated or bulk purchasing of promotional Medjoul Date Tins designed to take unfair advantage of this promotion is prohibited and may also result in disqualification.
- The prize draw has a method of entry that does not require entrants to pay for participation in the prize draw itself as the prize draw is provided for free following the purchase of a promotional Medjoul Date Tin.
- No responsibility is taken for entries or claims that are lost, delayed, illegible, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason.
- Winners who contact Penny Appeal claiming the discovery of a winning ticket will be contacted by Penny Appeal to arrange delivery of the prize either within 28 days of the Promotion Period finishing or within 28 days of Penny Appeal’s receipt of their communications.
- You may be asked to confirm acceptance of these terms before you are permitted to enter the prize draw or claim the prize.
- Three (3) winning tickets will be circulated in promotional Medjoul Date Tins entitling a maximum of three (3) prize winners.
- Each prize will consist of Penny Appeal reimbursing the winner up to a maximum of £1,000 GBP for the combined value of (i) one return economy flight from an airport in Great Britain to Tel Aviv airport; and (ii) up to four nights’ accommodation (room only basis) in a hotel in Jerusalem (the “Hotel”).
- Dates of travel, the airport and airlines used, the Hotel and booking methods or decisions relating to the same will be at the prize winner’s discretion further to the understanding that the prize consists of a reimbursement of applicable costs. However, all bookings must be with reputable entities and all details must be provided to and approved by Penny Appeal in advance of travel. The prize winner also accepts and understands that all travel must take place before the later of the Promotional Period ending or six months’ time elapsing from when the winner notified Penny Appeal of their discovery of a winning ticket.
- In addition to the other applicable restrictions and obligations in these terms in relation to the prize available, Penny Appeal will only reimburse winners any applicable costs or expenditures which have wholly, properly and necessarily been incurred and at all times subject to the winner producing, to Penny Appeal’s reasonable satisfaction, evidence of payment for such items which reimbursement is being sought actually having been made by the winner.
- Winners will also be offered a chance to meet Penny Appeal’s Palestine Coordinator in Jerusalem who will showcase in person some of the Penny Appeal projects in or around Jerusalem. Should winners, at their discretion, wish to take up this opportunity they should let Penny Appeal know in advance of their visit to Jerusalem so the meeting can be arranged. This part of the prize is not compulsory.
- Winners shall be responsible for all extra, ancillary, associated or additional costs, expenses or charges in connection with their trip. Penny Appeal only offers a prize consisting of a reimbursement, up to a maximum of £1,000 GBP, for one return economy flight and up to four nights’ accommodation (room only) in the Hotel.
- The prize does not include insurance of any kind and it will be the responsibility of each prize winner to obtain any relevant insurance which they require or consider it prudent to obtain.
- For the avoidance of doubt, winners accept and acknowledge that they shall be responsible for any and all extra, ancillary, associated or additional costs, expenses or charges in relation to:
- transfers to and from the airports;
- transfers to and from the Hotel;
- their stay at the Hotel including, but not limited to, room service, restaurant bills, bar tabs, pay per view television or any other facility or service provided by the Hotel incurred by them (or any of their guests) during their stay, as well as any damage caused to the Hotel or their hotel room;
- payment of any other taxes or levies that may be due or applicable;
- travel and other insurance taken out by the winner or any related or applicable premiums;
- spending money;
- personal expenses;
- food, drink or other sustenance; or
- any proportion of the applicable costs which exceeds the £1,000 GBP maximum reimbursement threshold.
- No other prizes or cash alternatives are available and prizes cannot be exchanged or transferred. No cash prize or value will be offered, provided or reimbursed to the winners to account for any difference between the value of actual reimbursed costs and the £1,000 GBP maximum reimbursement threshold.
- No participant may win more than one prize.
- Participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither Penny Appeal nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
- Penny Appeal will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prize winner that arises out of their failure to meet any transfers or connections or requirements to arrive at set times, or to return home from any destination.
- Penny Appeal will not be responsible for any loss or damage suffered by any prize winner that arises out of, nor will Penny Appeal have any obligation to substitute an alternative prize, cash equivalent or provide other compensation where a prize winner is unable to travel to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem or fails to redeem their right to attend within any specified timeframes because:
- the prize winner considers any aspect of the trip unsuitable for their personal circumstances;
- the prize winner does not satisfy any local visa requirements, or similar entry requirements, or is otherwise not permitted or able to travel to Tel Aviv or Jerusalem; or
- an event of circumstances outside of either party’s reasonable control occurs, including, but not limited to, war, natural disasters, acts of God, epidemics, pandemics, interruptions by utility services, civil disruption, strikes and acts of terrorism (an “Event of Force Majeure”).
- Penny Appeal shall not be liable or responsible if any part of the prize (or related trip) is cancelled, varied or rescheduled for any reason. In such circumstances Penny Appeal shall be under no obligation to provide any cash or alternative prize.
Winner Selection, Notification and Fulfilment:
- Where a participant becomes entitled to win a prize as a result of finding a winning ticket in a promotional Medjoul Date Tin, they will be given instructions on the ticket as to how to claim the prize. The first stage will be to notify Penny Appeal that they have discovered the winning ticket. Once a winning ticket is claimed, Penny Appeal will endeavour to communicate with that participant as soon as reasonably possible using the contact details provided by that participant when they gave Penny Appeal notice of their prize win and the participant will be given full information on how to redeem their prize.
- Where Penny Appeal is unable to communicate with a participant to confirm that they have won a prize, where any participant cannot be contacted using the contact details provided by that participant when they gave Penny Appeal notice of their prize win, or where a prize winner fails to identify themselves to Penny Appeal before the end of the Promotion Period, Penny Appeal reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to void their entry, reallocate the relevant prize to an alternative entrant and/or to cancel the prize draw.
- Should a prize winner's contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify Penny Appeal of the change.
- Penny Appeal reserves the right to verify winners and disqualify any entrants who act in an unlawful fashion or otherwise in breach of these terms. Penny Appeal will verify the eligibility of entrants. Penny Appeal will require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until Penny Appeal is satisfied with the verification.
- The winner may be required to participate in related publicity including their name and photographs being used for promotional purposes and/or reasonable requests to take part in Penny Appeal’s publicity for no further recompense. For more information please see clause 33 below.
Publicity of your personal data and Data Protection
- If you choose or are required to submit a third party’s personal data to Penny Appeal as part of entering or participating in this promotion, you must ensure that the person whose details you submit has given their specific and informed consent for you to provide us with their details and for Penny Appeal to process those details in accordance with these terms.
- You acknowledge that if you win a prize that Penny Appeal shall have the right to publish any and all personal data provided by you to it in order to promote this promotion and/or its products and services more generally.
- Entrants, particularly prize winners, may be required to participate in photo, recording, video and/or filming session(s) as a condition of their receipt of any prize. You agree that Penny Appeal shall have the right to use all the resulting publicity materials in any media and in any manner they see fit. This includes providing these materials to any third party prize providers for the purposes of promoting their association with this promotion and awarding the relevant prizes.
- No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to the use of publicity materials.
- The winner agrees to their personal data being shared with Penny Appeal and their affiliates (including, for the avoidance of doubt, sponsors and co-promoters of this promotion) for the purposes of administration and fulfilling this promotion, as well as any other uses set out in these terms.
- The winner agrees that use of their personal data in the fashion described in these clauses is a fundamental part of the consideration which underlies these terms and that it is necessary for Penny Appeal to undertake such processing in order for them to be able to provide the prize. Any attempt by a winner to default on its obligation set out in these clauses may result in the prize being withdrawn.
- Participants give their explicit consent and accept that that Penny Appeal has the right to verify all claims including, but not limited to, their identity provided and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw the prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant had gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means. Any false declaration with respect to identity, age, place of residence, proof of purchase or any other information required will result in the immediate disqualification of the participant from the promotion.
- The winner is prohibited from reselling any prize won or reselling any other element of the prize.
- No fees shall be payable to any entrant in relation to their entry into this promotion. Obtaining time off work and/or study or related activities to participate in the promotion and/or take the prize will be the sole and absolute responsibility of each entrant.
- Insurance is not provided as part of the prize. It will be the winner’s responsibility to take out at their own cost all relevant insurance (including but not limited to insurance for health, travel, theft, loss and damage to property) which may be required or prudent to be taken.
- Penny Appeal’s decision regarding any and all aspects of the promotion is final and binding and there shall be no obligation for Penny Appeal to communicate its reasons following any determination.
- Penny Appeal accepts no responsibility for system or application or mobile device errors or other issues that may result in disruption to lost, delayed or not received registrations, entries or winner notifications.
- If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Penny Appeal (including any Event of Force Majeure) which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion or delivery of the prize, Penny Appeal reserves the right (subject to any written directions given under applicable law) to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
- If an act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of Penny Appeal and which prevents Penny Appeal from complying with these terms and conditions and/or delivering the prize (including any Event of Force Majeure) Penny Appeal will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligation.
- If for any reason the prize is not capable of being produced or delivered as planned, due to late production, late delivery or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Penny Appeal which affects the running or conduct of this promotion (including any Event of Force Majeure), Penny Appeal may in its sole discretion cancel the prize and not re-award any additional prize to the winner.
- Penny Appeal will not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment of any kind suffered by any entrant in entering the prize draw, including as a result of any entrant winning or not winning any prize.
- Participants may be required to participate in unpaid reasonable publicity and consent to their names, photographs and entries being used for such purposes by Penny Appeal.
- Participants may be required to provide additional information or identification, including but not limited to; a passport, driving licence or proof of address and date of birth.
- These terms and conditions will be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of England and Wales and all disputes relating to them and/or their subject matter shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- All entries must be made by the entrant themselves. Bulk purchasing of promotional Medjoul Date Tins made from trade, consumer groups or third parties designed to take unfair advantage of this promotion will not be accepted. Incomplete or illegible entries and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified and will not be counted. If it becomes apparent that an entrant is using identities other than their own or any other automated means in order to increase that entrant’s entries into the promotion in a way that is not consistent with the spirit of the promotion, that entrant’s entries will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility can be accepted for any difficulties in entering the promotion or any purchases, entries or claims delayed, corrupted or misdirected.
- In the event of circumstances outside of reasonable control of Penny Appeal (including any Event of Force Majeure), or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and / or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of prizes, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, Penny Appeal reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- For full names and countries of the winners, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Trip to Palestine Prize Draw 2022, Penny Appeal, Penny Appeal Campus, Thornes Park, Wakefield, WF2 8QZ.